Happy first day of spring, friends! Anyone out there who decorates for spring?! This is one of my favorite holidays to decorate for because I am in major celebration mode that winter is over and the blossoms are blooming on the trees and the sun is out! I have 5 budget friendly ways for how you can decorate for spring (and some reasons to do it).
- Use a printable for a cheap or free update. I love this Easter one that was only $5. Or you can search Pinterest for “free spring printable” and you’ll get a TON of options! It’s fun to update your art for each season because it helps it feel fresh and keeps your art rotating.pink pillow cover / lamb pillow cover / mint throw / light box / The Grand Budapest Hotel book / Wes Anderson book / In the Pink book
- Update your pillow covers. Here’s a good budget decorating suggestion- use pillow covers so that you can inexpensively change out your look with little to no storage. You just buy one pillow insert and use that with the different covers. I got these pink ones on Etsy for $16 each. My floral one was also $16. record player / bowl / art
- Decorate with fresh flowers. You finally can get in season flowers so you might as well! I cut the cherry blossoms off of my tree for a free bouquet! it’s fun to see what is blooming- just go on a walk and see what you can find in your own yard. I love Trader Joe’s for cheap flowers. You can get a bunch of daffodils for $1.49 right now! I got my tulips for $4.99 and love the pink on the edges. You can also check your local grocery store to see what they might have too. settee / throw
- Ditch your heavy throws for light ones. I love me a nice snugly blanket on the sofa! If you used a heavy one for winter, switch it out for a lighter weight one. I personally really like to use Turkish towels for throws in the spring and summer. You can choose from a variety of colors and I love the texture the fringe adds.kids chair / shirt / drapes
5. Use inexpensive whimsical items to bring in the season. If you have a Target nearby, you can check out the Dollar spot (where I got the Bloom garland). Years ago I got my mini bunnies from Joanns for around $1 each. Just be creative and when you find a seasonal item for cheap that you love, scoop it up to add to your seasonal decor. It’s only out for a month so you won’t tire of it for years. You only need a few items and I bet you could get them for less than $10
As you can see, it’s easy and fun to decorate for spring! You can update your pillows and throws, freshen up with seasonal flowers, and add in a few fun details to bring everything together. What’s your favorite spring item to bring into your house? My favorite is probably my cherry blossoms! I hope you have a great day!
Shop this post
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.