Hi! My name is Ashley and my blog is a combination of home decor tips and renovations (I’m an interior designer). I am super interested in how good design intersects with a happy life at home.
I am passionate about creating a beautiful home and life and helping you do the same! On the blog, you can see that unfold with my tips for creating affordable decor, lifestyle posts about our family, travel tips for a baby/toddler, helpful posts about getting out of debt and some insights on taking beautiful photos for Instagram (I am most known for my Instagram account- @athomewithashley).
I truly believe that everyone can have a beautiful home, no matter what your budget is! I have poured every last piece of advice (way beyond what I could share in a blog post- or even 50 posts!) into my popular ebook, At Home for Less. If you want a home that is gorgeous but you don’t have a ton of money, this book is for you.
More about Ashley
- I’m married to my high school sweetheart- Preston. He’s my partner in crime :). He helps me renovate and even gives me advice on which Instagram photo to post. I hit the jackpot with this one and he is super supportive of everything I do! If we could do anything together it’d be traveling and eating all of the food along the way.
- I have the world’s cutest son- Don. At the time of writing this, he is two and a half and really into cars and construction vehicles. He is talking up a storm and is tall for his age (90th percentile- my husband and I are both average so we have no clue where he gets it from). Don is the love of our lives and we are obsessed with this guy. He is the reason I started this blog and is the heart beyond everything I do (more about that here).
- We are located in the heart of Utah- Bountiful (a suburb of Salt Lake City). We have two dogs Derek and Lucy. They are King Charles Cavalier Spaniels- same breed, but so different in personality! Derek is black and white, Lucy is ruby colored. They were our first babies and we love them in spite of the occasional barking.
- I went to college at FIDM in Los Angelos for Interior Design and worked for years as an Interior Designer/ Visual Merchandiser/Stylist for a furniture company. I now work from home on the blog so I get to stay home with my littlest love.
- When I was pregnant, my husband and I worked like crazy to get our home ready for the baby. We added lots of details to this home of ours that made our lives easier and more beautiful on a budget. I became obsessed with living intentionally. I believe that having a home you love that works with your life style will make you happier.
- In January of 2018 we are moving to Miami, Florida for 5 months! We are so excited to decorate a home there and live closer to the beach for the winter. You can read more about that here.
Now that you know more about me, here are some good places to get started!
These are two of my most popular posts on this blog! They are all about how I paid off all of our debt (and how you can too)!
I love when my work is featured! Here are the links to a few features if you’d like to check them out:
p.s. want a free course on how to style your accessories to look amazing? Enter your email below to get your free ecourse!