When we first bought our condo in 2009 we redid our bedroom- wallpaper, paint, crown molding, base boards, bedding. We loved it. And then 7 years passed- haha!
A few months ago, I took down the wallpaper and painted the back wall white
Much better for 2016 Ashley :). A few weeks ago we decided that we needed a new mattress. The one we had was a memory foam, but it was getting old and uncomfortable and it would get so hot to sleep on. We decided to get a Gel Foam Bed. Here is how we choose our mattress:
- We wanted something with cooling gel- no more sweaty sleep!
- We needed an affordable mattress
- We wanted something made in the USA
- We loved the idea that it shipped right to our door in a compact box. We really weren’t into the idea of using precious family time to go try out mattresses and get hassled by salespeople
We went with the Miranda 12″ gel memory foam mattress because it is a medium plushness. We ordered it and it was made on demand and then quickly shipped- it took about 10 days. I know most people have heard about how compact mattresses can come now a days, but it is SUCH an awesome feature! It’s just so convenient to have a box that you can easily bring in your home. We opened up the box and pulled out the mattress
As you unwrap it, it slowly gets bigger
I know this is so geeky, but it was really cool to watch it go from pretty much flat to a plush mattress!
And the best news is that it’s SUPER comfortable!
It’s nice and soft, but it is also supportive. There are different layers of foam that all make up a super comfy bed. We have slept on it for a few weeks now and really love it. We can definitely tell a difference with the gel foam that is sewn into the top layer. If you would like to try out your own Gel Foam Bed, they generously offered you guys a code for $50 off a mattress- just use athomewithashley at checkout at gelfoambed.com.
Since we had added the mattress, we thought we should do a little bedroom refresh with the decor. So I put up some molding behind the bed. I’ve been wanting to do this forever and so one Saturday cut the trim and started putting it up.
I used the same measurements I had used in the rest of my home, but when I stood back, it was obvious that the molding wasn’t high enough- there was too much space between the crown molding and the top of the trim so the art looked tight in the leftover molding space. So I pulled it down and tried again (the not so fun and frustrating part of DIY). FYI- the materials for this project cost about $50, so it really was an affordable refresh.
It was much better so I caulked and painted (again, super glamorous 😉 ). I also updated the art above the bed. I loved the old art, but it blended in too much, so I changed it out for an abstract art print.
please note, this post includes affiliate links
I love how the molding adds a subtle sleekness. It’s not a loud update, but it definitely makes it more sophisticated.
I de-cluttered my vanity a bit and added the cutest print from Etsy.
Check back next week for some family photos that we had taken in this room!