For years, I had a black box of a TV that was the biggest eye sore. I had to dig through images 2 years old because I never took photos of the ugly thing. Are you ready for it?!
And even after I redid everything around the TV (the floors, the walls, the trim, the art), the actual TV stand looked the same- big ugly speakers from my husband’s single days (love you honey!), no decor just black, black, black. I know that I am not the only one in this boat, so hold on because I am going to give you some tips for how to decorate around the TV. A few weeks ago we upgraded TV’s and it was honestly a game changer. The TV was so pretty that I was inspired to decorate around it! We mounted it to the wall, and even by itself it looked pretty:
- It has different color frames available- I got the white frame so it’d blend in nicely with my house. The frames cover up the edges so goodbye black box!
- The TV has an art mode. There are hundreds of options to choose from so when your TV isn’t on, you show a pretty picture, again no black box. Genius, right?!
- There is a tiny cord that goes from the TV to a box where you plug everything into. Less cords in sight = happy Ashley
- The tech stuff is awesome! It’s a 4k TV so the image quality is insane. It’s also a smart TV which means we can watch Netflix or Youtube right from the TV without plugging in our laptop. It is so convenient!
- Even the remote is pretty!
We got the TV up and decorated and I am so happy with how it turned out!
- TV- The Frame TV from Samsung
- Art from The Crown Prints (peony, agate, abstract art, keep on the sunny side of life)
- Instax Camera
- Brass Giraffe
- White tray
- Plant (from Home Depot)
- Crosby Record Player
- Lolia Candle
- Globe with Gold Base
- Capture your Style book
- See San Francisco book
- Celebrate Everything book
how to decorate around the tv
Here are some tips for how to decorate around the TV. First, select art that will go around your TV to create a gallery wall
Next, gather accessories that you think will work on your media stand. Some tips for accessorizing:
- Plants add in height, life, and color.
- Media items like a record player work perfectly on a media stand.
- Books ground the accessories and add personality.
- Trays help corral the accessories and add a sense of order.
- Other small trinkets like a globe, camera, or a brass animal tell the story of you and round out the space.
Finally, add your accessories to the media stand and art to the wall and you have a finished space!
This corner of my house is now my favorite space! It is so happy! Here are some more photos of the complete TV wall:
I was talking to my sister who lives in Ohio the other day and she asked me to send her a video of the space. She remarked that it looked night and day different than it used to. I agree 100% and am so proud of the transformation! However, I also remembered my favorite saying which is “little by little, a little becomes a lot.” This truly applies to my house and it should to yours too! If you are overwhelmed with how much you need to do, break it down and do one small thing. Over time, one small thing adds up and before you know it, you’ve created a beautiful home! I just don’t want you to think it all has to be done at once!
I’ve had a few questions about the TV, so I share how it works in this video:
Oh, and let’s finish with a before and after gif! Because they are just so dang satisfying!
before and after
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.