When I was a newlywed, my husband worked for the airlines and we traveled for free. The pay was awful and the hours were worse, but we traveled so much, I wouldn’t change a thing. I wanted a way to keep track of our travels, so I created this world travel map that is now the main piece of art in my baby’s room.
- It documents your travels
- It is statement art for cheap
- It helps you dream of our next travel destination
- Gather Supplies. You will need a frame- I got mine from the thrift store and painted it black. I LOVE getting big frames from the thrift store because they are so affordable this way (usually around $5). You will also need a world map (I got mine from Amazon), foam core, spray adhesive, and map pins. The supplies for this will be about $30 or less if you have any of them hand before or not. (p.s. if you aren’t into DIY, I found a seller on Etsy who will make you an assembled world travel map for $99).
- Use the spray adhesive to adhere your map to the foam core
- Assemble the frame
- Use the map pins to mark what you want. These three categories work for us- where we’ve lived, where we’ve traveled, and where we want to travel.
My husband and I have really beautiful memories of standing in front of the map and talking about where in the world we want to go next :). We can’t wait till we have some money saved up and can bring baby boy somewhere. Maybe we’ll have to get a new color of pin for travels with him.