In September, I walked you through each of the rooms of my house and then posted about my plans for that room. I didn’t do that with the kitchen. Why? At that point we were 90% sure we were moving and it felt silly (and disingenuous) to post about a remodel we would never do. Our plans fell through, so I am back to focusing on our home! So here is my kitchen mood board and my plans/ dreams on what I would like/needs to change:
- Cabinets- In the kitchen home tour, I talked about why the cabinets need to be redone. They are terrible up close and I would like to paint the uppers and the lowers white or go tuxedo with white up top and grey or mint below. I am dreading this project because I know it will be a TON of work. But less work than if they were wood, right?!
- Back Splash- We have no black splash now and I would like to put up a white subway tile back splash. I would like to also tile the wall behind the garbage can. I just know it would look SO beautiful!!!
- Counters- For a while I thought about doing a faux concrete counter, but my husband hates that idea. Instead I am thinking I will save up for a marble or white stone counter of some type. I definitely want it white or grey though. Honestly, anything would be better than the brownish laminate counters that are there now (though they do hide dirt rather efficiently…)
- Floors- The floor and a light beige stone tile. Not the worst, but a bunch of them are cracking. I am guessing it’s because the floor isn’t level (fun). I think a marble or black and white tile would look amazing!
- Lighting- When we were pricing out light fixtures for the nursery, we saw how affordable it would be to change out the light above the sink. We hate boob lights, so that would be fun to add some personality on a budget there!
- Rug- I want a pink Persian rug SO bad for in the kitchen. Maybe we should just go to Morocco so we can bring back some rugs… A girl can dream!
- Furniture- in the dining room, I would love a new dining table. The one we have is from the 50’s or 60’s (at least). I might just refinish the legs because it does seem a little silly to get a small table for this space when we are hoping to move in a bigger house in a few years.
So there are my plans! Hopefully this weekend, I will be painting the living room a fresh color and we can slowly upgrade this adorable little condo :). Thank you for reading! Check back next week when I do a recap of my first month of blogging.
If you are wondering where any of my photos from my mood board come from, they are all from my Kitchen Ideas board on Pinterest: