Hi friends! It’s my favorite post- what worked and what didn’t for last month’s blog, aka October traffic and income! I seriously love this post because it keeps me accountable. This was a VERY intense work month for me so I didn’t have as much time and energy as I would have liked to devote to the blog, but I’m sure I made progress. Let’s see:
- Amazon Affiliate $0
- Etsy Affiliate $0
- Ebay Affiliate $0.31
- Google Ads $0.05 (my RPM- page revenue per thousand impressions is $0.25. A blog that makes about $25,000 per month has an RPM around $10.00)
$0- nothing this month. This will go up next month. I’m not counting the money I put towards home projects, just blogging specific expenses. So I made $0.36 this month. Slow clap 🙂
- Instagram 152 (up from 115 last month)
- Pinterest 564 (up from 552 last month)
- Facebook 4 (up from 2 last month- major growth people 🙂 )
- Bloglovin 3 (up from 1 last month)
- Mail Chimp Subscribers 1
Most Popular Instagram PhotoThis image got 41 likes and 8 comments. I think it was popular because I shared good tips and it is pretty (although I do think my lens was dirty from a certain baby who likes to suck on my phone).
This was an important image for me because it was regrammed by my friend Becci from @little nuggetrepublic and that got me a few new followers. She also wrote the sweetest message- it was SO sweet of her! P.s. thanks to my little sister for taking this picture!
Here are my most liked media from Instagram in October (I used Iconosquare for this). Again, this is just me looking back at my most successful images so I can use those for inspiration to continue creating good content. For me, pink and white are working plus interesting perspectives all combined with good captions.
Most Clicked Image from PinterestHere are my top two- how to organize your closet and how to buy baby moccasins. Did you know that Pinterest has analytics? You have to embed a code on your site, but then you can see all sorts of stats. I check in a few times a week and repin my most popular pins on the group boards I am part of. It’s crazy to see when I don’t pin I don’t get any repins so I really need to spend time daily repining my old pins and pinning new content. I really need to request to be added to more group boards to keep getting my blog out there.
Traffic OverviewSo my page views are down, but I have more sessions and users. I had a plugin that would recommend other posts to users, but it looks like it isn’t working. I will look into that to try to get visitors to stick around longer.
Pinterest went up and it is still my number one traffic source. The rest are mysteries to me (what is up with that copy right claims site? When you click on it. it’s in a strange language) or from comments I have made on other blogs.
I think that it’s interesting that my top pin on Pinterest isn’t on my top page. It looks like my post on How to Plan for the Perfect Christmas was really successful though! It helped me, so I’m hoping it helped other people too.
Goals from October- Here were my goals from October and how I did on them:
- Have Instagram Followers to 230- fail. I only got to 152
- Learn how to schedule posts on Pinterest. I got this set-up, but I haven’t worked on it enough. I will do this
- Have 1,000 page views- fail I got 689. We will try again next month!
- Connect Mail Chimp to my blog. I got this set-up. I haven’t sent out an email, but it is ready to go. I don’t have any subscribers (except me, myself, and I), but progress? I was getting major spam from my last subscribe box, so that made this goal a priority
- Make at least $15 on the blog. Again, not so successful, but definitely something I will work on. I do want this blog to make money, but it has been SO good for me even though it hasn’t yet. It has given me something to work towards. It has given me an excuse to bring more pretty into my life. It has helped me update my house. So even though I wrote “fail” on some of these, I am more optimistic than ever. After all, little by little, a little becomes a lot.
Goals for November-
Most of these are self explanatory. I really want to put up a new header- I don’t love the one I have now. Here’s to a productive month! Cheers!