Every weekend I like to do something fun with Don and I while my husband is working. Lately, our favorite thing has been going to the community swimming pool. We swim for an hour or so and then Don takes a 4 hour nap because he is exhausted. Guys- I felt like a genius when I figured out that we could both have a great time and then I could work like crazy while he dreamed away. After many, many pool trips I feel like I have the whole thing down and wanted to share with some tips and packing essentials for swim time. Here we go!
- Get ready at home. We both shower, put our swim wear, and sunscreen on at home. That way if you have a toddler running around naked they are in a safe/judgement free zone. I throw a cover-up on over my suit and we drive over.
- Be prepared. I pack a diaper bag with everything we need-
- a towel for both of us. I love the hooded towels from Pottery Barn Kids.
- water- gotta keep hydrated
- a toy- usually a ball since our pool has a little hoop he loves to play with
- sunglasses and a hat. We love our Little Sun Hats- they are so perfect for keeping his skin protected!
- wallet, phone, and keys (essentials) 🙂
- a bag for wet swimming clothes. Again my favorite is from Pottery Barn Kids.
- a back up swim diaper
- When it’s time to go, I just towel dry him off, and we go home without changing. I personally find that changing at the pool is stressful (he might run off while I am changing and it’s hard to change him without a changing table or clean place to lay him down). Plus, that way I don’t have to lug around an extra outfit.
I wanted to talk a little bit more about swim diapers. Since Don has been old enough to swim, I have bought him the disposable swim diapers. Then I found about reusable swim diapers.
I got two pairs of Beau and Belle Littles for $15.47 each. They are sold on Amazon and if you have Prime they ship free in two days. Guys that is the price of one pack of diapers that will last for 3 months. And the reusable diapers last from newborn to 3 years old! Aka, they are the only swim diaper you need! You don’t have to put in an insert, you just put them on (without a diaper underneath) and there are snaps so you can adjust the fit for your little boy or girl. If you are wondering, yes, I feel like an idiot for not buying these sooner! Just like disposable swim diapers, these let the pee through and keeps the poo in. I like having a backup in case of a poop, but I haven’t needed it yet. These will be so much easier to travel with. I am pretty pumped about discovering this company so I really wanted to share them with you.
The two colors shown in this post (green stripes and blue arrows) are their newest launched patterns- aren’t they cute?! If you want to save 30% off from now until October 15th, just use the code HmeAsh30 at checkout here (capitalization matters).
This post was sponsored by Beau & Belle Littles. I really love the product and think you will too!