A few days ago I shared with you my new blush sofa! I am thrilled with how it is looking in my living room, but to be honest, the room needed some more finishing details to call the room “done.” I teamed up with Overstock to show you how I was able to use $500 to completely check this room off my to do list!
It was looking good, but a little sparse. Here were my priorities- end tables so we had somewhere to put our drinks. A floor lamp for lighting and to visually add in height to the room. Cute planters to fuel my plant obsession and fill in the corner. A desk for me (my husband and I both do work from home so we need two desks). After pouring over Overstock’s site, here’s what I choose:
1. Pineapple Decor $28 / 2. Mid Century Planters (set of 2) $124 / 3. White Side Table $95 / 4. White Desk $186 / 5. Brass Floor Lamp $103
I’ve been sharing a bunch of product from Overstock and the number one question I get from people is how I find things on their site since there is SO much to sort through. Here are some tips for how I find gorgeous product on Overstock-
- Use the search tab and look for items using keywords. I like to search for things like “white mid century end table” or “gold pineapple.” So I have in mind what I want for the space and then I see what Overstock has that will work with it. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by what I’ve been able to find! Using the search tab is how I found my pink dining chairs that I’m obsessed with.
- Have some favorite brands conveniently enough, all can be found at Overstock.com. After using Overstock for a lot of items in both of my houses, I have a list of favorites that I search for over and over again. I love InspireQ for affordable furniture (like Don’s daybed and this white desk). Safavieh is awesome for unique furniture and beautiful lighting (like this floor lamp and the chandelier in my sister’s guest room). Abbyson Living also has great affordable furniture (that’s where I found this cute ottoman). I adore Kichler for lighting- their brass modern lights are my favorite (like my dining chandelier).
- Make sure to read the reviews. I like to see what people’s issues are with items and take them with a grain of salt. I like to read 3 and 4 star reviews because those seem to be the most objective and helpful to me. Did you know with Club O (Overstock’s reward program), you get rewarded to write reviews- good or bad? Which is so nice because it means a ton of reviews so you know what you’ll be getting.
- Be patient. It takes a little time to find the perfect item, but the price savings and huge selection is worth it! Especially for the free shipping over $49!
So pretty, right?! After months of having a huge empty room, this feels so good!
Besides feeling more full, it is WAY more functional! Plus my living room is looking so happy! The console under the TV needs doors still, but let me take through the areas that are now finished.
I got these cute little end tables for next to the sofa. They have a little drawer which is perfect for storage of TV remotes. The angled legs have a fun dip dyed finish. Plus they are super affordable and come in a bunch of colors.
When designing a room, I like to vary the height of the furniture to keep the room interesting. To add some height, I am loving this brass modern floor lamp. Let’s all cross our fingers together that Don doesn’t knock it over. So far, so good!
The truth is, an end table is a fancy excuse for me to accessorize it. There’s still room for a cup while watching TV, but mostly it is a vehicle for pretty things. The gold pineapple is my favorite addition- I’m going for the coastal look and this adds that touch.
Personally, I am loving the desk addition because I use it ALL the time. Imagine me sitting here typing right now while my son plays trains on the rug by the dining room. This desk has the world’s cutest legs and the two drawers fit my office supplies perfectly. I switched out the knobs for some brass ones and it now fits in nicely with my decor.
The desk fit perfectly under the palm tree art. I love working in our main area so I am close to the action. I had a desk in my living room at our last house and its way better than being in a solitary room- I highly recommend it! Plus, there’s the incentive to keep things clean since its not hidden in its own office.
Last September, I got to visit the Overstock Dream house and took note of their amazing planter selection (they have some great options)! These planters are a new arrival to their site and I LOVE the brass legs. I bought a few plants and put the plastic pots from the nursery right into the planters.
I love using plant stands because it elevates the plants so you can see them better at eye level. Plus it makes them more special looking- like a permanent piece. Now I just have to keep these alive!
For this room, I was going for a light breezy look with hints of mid century furniture, lots of texture, and some glam details (like using velvet and brass). We had friends over last night and they kept saying how good it looks. I’ve had so much fun turning this room from a blank canvas into a completed room.
end table / floor lamp / desk / palm tree art / pink dining chairs / dining table / ottoman / planters / pineapple
Our whole family is so happy to have a comfy place to watch TV, cuddle, and take the occasional nap- lol. A huge thank you to Overstock for helping me finish this room! I was able to take $500 and find special items on their site that perfectly fit my personality and style. Decorating on a budget is definitely doable!
Oh and if you’re a sale love like me, Overstock is doing a HUGE Spring Black Friday event this year! Almost anything you could want will be on sale! It always makes sense to shop sales when furnishing your house, so make sure to check out Overstock’s Spring Black Friday so you can get the most bang for your buck!
Thank you to Overstock for sponsoring this post. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.