This is a sponsored post is written by me on behalf of Delta faucet brand. All opinions are 100% mine.
I was recently invited to the Delta Faucet’s headquarters in Indiana with 7 other bloggers- it was such a pinch me moment!!! The whole trip was fun and I thought I’d share a bit about it AND give you tips on how to pick the perfect faucet.
Cynthia from Cynthia Harper Living / Ashley from Arrows and Bow / Bree from Rooms for Rent / Sarah from Dreaming of Homemaking / Bree from Z Design at Home / Tamara from Citrine Living / Caitlin from Sacramento Street
First a quick trip recap! Here are the group of bloggers that all came together for this trip. Getting to know them was a blast! We had amazing meals and conversations and even a Target run together! It was so fun to make deep connections with these creative and talented ladies!
When we first arrived at Delta Faucet Headquarters, we got to see the faucet that started it all. I love seeing the humble beginnings that change everything for a company. This faucet that moves in the shape of a triangle (thus the name- Delta) was theirs.
Over the next few days we learned all about Delta Faucet! While there, I recorded a quick vlog to give you an overview of the trip and highlights:
I thought I’d weave in what I learned about Delta with some tips on how to pick the perfect faucet.
How to pick the perfect bathroom faucet- select the correct mounting type
If you’re just switching out your faucet, you need to determine the mounting type that you currently have. This is super easy! If there is one hole, it’s a single hole. If there’s a platform, it’s a center set. Three holes are called widespread. Wall mounted is self-explanatory since the faucet mounts to the wall. And a vessel faucet is for a vessel sink since it sits higher.
If you’re switching out your vanity to a new one, see the hole configuration in the new one to determine the mounting type. If there isn’t one and it needs to be cut, you get to choose any kind! Here are the 5 varieties-
bathroom mounting types
1. Victorian Single Handle Faucet / 2. Stryke Centerset Faucet / 3. Sura Two Handle Wall Mount Bathroom Faucet / 4. Dryden Single Handle Vessel Bathroom Faucet / 5. Zura Two Handle Wall Mount Bathroom Faucet trim
The Delta Faucet’s website is super easy to navigate! Just click on bathroom then sink faucets. From there, you can filter by mounting type (just go to advanced filters to select).
Pivotal Single Handle Exposed Hose Kitchen Faucet / Addison Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with Soap Dispenser / Leland Single Handle Pill-Down Kitchen Faucet with Soap Dispenser / Victorian Two Handle Widespread Kitchen Faucet with Spray /
For kitchen faucets, figuring out the mounting type is super easy- just count the holes! There are faucets like the Victorian that are meant to fill 4 holes. But if you love a faucet with one hole and have more holes, you can get coordinating accessories like a soap or lotion dispenser to fill them.
How to pick the perfect bathroom faucet- select the finish and color
First you choose the mounting type and now it’s time to figure out the finish you want. This step is all about the aesthetics! I think for most people, the biggest consideration when choosing a faucet is finding something that works and looks beautiful. Here’s a list of Delta’s finishes-
While on my trip, I did an Instagram story with a poll on everyone’s favorite finish. Matte Black came in first then Champagne Bronze, Brushed Nickel, followed by Venetian bronze. A gold finish is what I prefer, but I love (and was a little surprised) that the Matte Black finish is so popular!
To figure out a good finish for your bathroom or kitchen- look around. What finishes are elsewhere in your room that you could coordinate with?
I thought I’d round up my favorite faucets in a few finishes so you can see the wide variety you have to choose from!
matte black bathroom faucets
Ara Two Handle Widespread Channel Bathroom Faucet / Sandover Two Handle Centerset Bathroom Faucet / Stryke Single Handle Faucet / Zura Single Handle Bathroom Faucet / Trinsic Single Handle Bathroom Faucet / Vesna Single Handle Centerset Bathroom Faucet / Trinsic Two Handle Widespread Bathroom Faucet / Aura Two Handle Widespread Bathroom Faucet / Strike Centerset Faucet
champagne bronze kitchen faucets
Cassidy Single Handle Pull-Down Faucet / Trinsic Single Handle Pull-Down Faucet / Addison Single Handle Pull-Down Faucet / Valdosta Single Handle Pull-Down Faucet with Soap Dispenser / Trask Single Handle Pull-Down Faucet / Cassidy Single Handle Pull-Out Faucet / Cassidy Two Handle Kitchen Faucet with Spray / Two Handle Kitchen Faucet with Spray / Contemporary Single Handle Bar Faucet / Transitional Single Handle Bar Faucet /
Aren’t these beautiful? They said the Cassidy is one of the most popular- and I can see why! I really loved the Trinsic too. But I was floored by many of the many amazing collections and especially loved getting a sneak peek to their first bridge faucet! It’s from the Broderick collection that’s set to release in November or December of this year. I LOVE it!
How to pick the perfect faucet- select the style
Kitchen faucets can quickly be categorized into 3 styles- traditional, contemporary, and transitional.
Traditional will have the most details and will be more rounded. Contemporary will be sleek, stream lined, and squared off. Transitional will be somewhere between traditional and contemporary- usually a sleeker design with rounded parts. I personally love a traditional faucet! I thought I’d share how each one looks to help guide you towards your style.
select the style bathroom faucets
How to pick the perfect faucet- pick the technology
One of the most exciting parts of learning about the Delta brand was seeing the technology! They do TONS of research and watch how people actually work in their kitchens. Then, they take that information to create new innovations that make faucets better. Here’s a quick overview-
- VoiceIQ™ Technology
- Dispenses exactly the amount of water you need with hands-free voice activation. You can tell your faucet to turn on and off, warm the water, dispense a metered amount or fill custom containers like your coffee pot. It pairs with an Alexa or Google Home. You can see this one demonstrated in my video!
- H2Okinetic® Power Drench Spray
- Prior to developing H2Okinetic® Showers, research showed that consumers’ two biggest complaints about showering were: 1) they didn’t get wet enough, and 2) they weren’t warm enough in the shower. H2Okinetic Showers were designed to create a shower that addressed those concerns for the consumer.
- Using advanced technology, H2Okinetic® showers sculpt water into a unique pattern, giving you 3X the coverage of a standard shower head. The end result is a shower that provides more coverage, more warmth and more intensity for a truly drenching shower experience. You can enjoy the feeling of more water without using more water.
- Touch2O® Technology
- Inspired by watching users interact with their faucets at home, Touch2O® Technology was developed from more than a decade of research and design. Its aim is to make kitchen tasks easy and keep the kitchen clean by removing the need to touch your faucet with full or messy hands.
- Whether you have two full hands or 10 messy fingers, Delta® Touch2O® Technology helps keep your faucet clean, even when your hands aren’t. A simple touch anywhere on the spout or handle with your wrist or forearm activates the flow of water at the temperature where your handle is set. The Delta TempSense® Indicator changes color to alert you to the water’s temperature and eliminate any possible surprises or discomfort.
- ShieldSpray® Technology
- Cleans with laser-like precision while containing mess and splatter. A concentrated jet within a protective sphere of water powers away stubborn messes with an average of 90% less splatter than a standard spray, so you can spend less time soaking, scrubbing and shirt swapping.
- MagnaTite® Docking
- Uses a powerful integrated magnet to snap your faucet spray wand precisely into place and hold it there so it stays docked when not in use and doesn’t droop over time.
- DIAMOND™ Seal Technology
- Reduces leak points and lasts twice as long as the industry standard*—ensuring leak-free operation for the life of the faucet. Using diamonds, the hardest naturally-occurring substance on Earth, Delta engineered a faucet that’s longer lasting, leak-free and less hassle to install.
Another really cool product they will have soon is the Delta Glass Rinser! It is a great item to put in the soap dispenser hole and is inspired by bar rinsers. I want this SO bad for my smoothie cups and water bottles. It’d also be amazing for bottles.
Choosing the technology you love will make your faucet better!
In conclusion, here’s how you pick the perfect faucet for you-
- pick the mounting style
- choose a finish
- select a style
- finish up by choosing a faucet with the newest technology
You can easily use the filters on the Delta website to narrow down the options to find the right fit for you.
thank you Delta!
I wanted to finish up this post by saying thank you to Delta Faucet! It was so, so inspiring to learn all about the company and what goes into each faucet! From learning how new designs and technologies come to life to seeing how each employee is valued- I left impressed.
At the end of the day, Delta deeply believes that water has the power to transform the way people feel every day. There can be magic in simple solutions. And that innovations flow from human insight.
They are definitely a company I can get behind! I hope this information was helpful for when you pick out your next faucet! Let me know if you have any questions in the comments.
If you love it, pin it-