Laundry Tips and Free Printable. This is a sponsored post. Affiliate links were used in this post
Hello! I have been thinking about laundry (as one does when one spends a whole day doing it every week). After having my baby a year ago, I finally feel like I have figured out a good system for getting the laundry done and dealing with his little (or big) stains. I wanted to share some laundry tips and a free printable!
- Get it done in ONE day. I spend one day doing laundry (Saturday). I throw it in first thing in the morning and then put it away through the day as I have time. My goal is to have every piece of laundry clean and put away before I go to bed Saturday night. I like not worrying about it the rest of the week and spending my time playing with my little guy.
- Pre-treat through the week. When your baby has a blow-out or gets baby food all over his onesie, spot clean it right away! You are more likely to get the stain out when it is fresh and that way you won’t forget about it on laundry day and set in the stain by putting it in the dryer. If you don’t have time to clean baby’s messy clothes right away, just put water in the sink and get it soaking. Then when I do have a second, I can take care of it.
- Use Soap that works. I have one sister who soaks her baby clothes in Oxyclean. I have another who tells me that using Oxyclean made her baby clothes ware really quickly. I just soak in water and then use a bar of Fels Naptha soap to treat the stain. This soap is around $2 for a bar and has lasted me over a year (mine is only half way gone!).
- Use a mesh laundry bag for baby socks and mittens. This is a tip from my mother-in-law. She gave me mesh laundry bags (no longer available) when we had the baby for his tiny socks. At first I was like “whatever,” but then his little mittens and socks got lost in sleeves of adult clothes. So I just throw all of his socks in the mesh bag to wash them and they don’t get lost. Putting them away is so convenient because all of his socks are in a little bag all together.
- Use Detergent for the Whole Family. A lot of people use special baby detergent and I was excited to use it to wash all of the newborn clothes when I was pregnant. We didn’t end up using it because my husband has sensitive skin and we already use detergent that was safe for the baby (we use Purex which is very affordable). I love that we use the same detergent for everyone for convenience sake, but I have heard that deft baby detergent smells heavenly 🙂
The downside to my detergent is that is doesn’t have an amazing smell. Most of the time it just doesn’t smell like anything. Just last week I found the cutest online boutique called English Rose that sells the most heavenly smelling detergent! I got three of their sample sizes and added it to my laundry and I can’t tell you how good it smells! My favorite was the Kathina scent, but Diva was a close second. I actually look forward to doing laundry now because it just smells SO good! I line dry my clothes and the scent made my house smell good too. Plus, how cute are those mini bottles?! If anyone wants to try it out, English Rose generously offered a 15% off code for my readers, just use the code ashley15 when checking out. Let me know what you think! We can have delicious smelling laundry together! 🙂 They also have some amazing candles! I have the Tyler candle in Diva (no longer available) which has a really great floral and amber scent.
Last of all, I created a free printable for my awesome readers! (in the mint frame below)
It is available in an 8×10 or 4×6 size. I just love this quote and made it for myself and then I figured I would pass it on to you guys too :). To get the free printable, just fill out the form below and it will get sent straight to your email.