I have such a fun DIY for you today! It’s how to make a DIY music backdrop. The idea of this came after loving different book walls that I’ve seen around. I decided to put my own spin on it with a DIY music backdrop! This is a little similar to my spring wreath wall where I put up something beautiful and unique on the wall that I might leave forever- lol!
- Rip the music out of the music book. I used 30 pages
- Mix 2 Tablespoons of dye with 2 cups of water in a glass bowl. Dip dye the bottom of the music sheets and then lay them on a towel to dry.
- Hang your wall art of the wall. Start adhering the music sheets on the wall. I used poster putty to make sure it stayed on and was secure
- Stand back and make sure you like your arrangement. Move the music around until you do.
- Take your peony stem and cut off the head and the leaves.
- Use hot glue to attach the peony parts to the music sheets. I arranged mine in a simple arch shape.
- If you want, you can add a music quote to the art. I did this by using gold scrapbook letters to say "when words fail, music speaks." Honestly, they didn't stay up well so you may need to paint a clear top coat over the letters to get them to stay. Or hand paint it on if you have good hand writing
I am so happy with how this cute wall came together! I had a blast making it! As I glued on the peonies I got really excited at how it was looking!!!
This wall is in my office and I love that I can look up and stare at it- lol! I think this would be fun to do with Christmas song lyrics on the main art too. Or how I did it, it never needs to come down!
I also think this would work nicely at a wedding reception or a bridal shower. Especially for a music lover!
I always love to have candles going around my home, but especially at the holidays. We keep a bunch of scents on hand so our home is always smelling amazing! These candles are from The Heritage Collection by Chesapeake Bay Candle (they’re available at Amazon!).
They have been creating candles since 1994 and are inspired by Maryland’s nature and shore. They have nature-inspired scents that are made with 100% pure essential oil with a soy wax blend and self-trimming cotton wicks.
Above are the different sizes they offer and I thought I’d tell you a little about each in case you’re in the market for candles! I’ll include links with each scent- they are super affordable and sold on Amazon!
I like to burn Woodland Berry in my kitchen while I clean up lunch and talk to my son about his day. Here’s its description- “Sparkling fruity top notes of juicy red berries, apple and wild black currant are carried along a botanical meadow breeze of rose, gardenia, and lily of the valley as white musk and fresh violet leaves balance this refreshingly natural fruity accord.”
If you have a tree up in your house, you’re going to want to burn Balsam Fir in the same room! Here’s more about how it smells: “As we celebrate the holiday season, decorate trees, and gather with family and friends, the scent of evergreen pine, fresh balsam, and spiced pomander sets the joyful atmosphere. Hints of clove, amber, and spearmint provide fresh and uplifting notes to the festivities.”
Now for my favorite of the holiday scents- Cinnamon Spice! This one smells so good and just like Christmas to me! “Enjoy the nostalgic scent of rich cinnamon spice intertwined with fresh notes of eucalyptus. Distinctive vanilla, bay leaf, and warm nutmeg mingle with sugar clove and cinnamon bark in a heartwarming aroma as indoor activities begin for the season.”
It also comes in a beautiful metal tin! I had two candles of Cinnamon Spice going at once in my office and it smelled like heaven!
K friends, happy music wall making and candle burning!
This post is sponsored by Chesapeake Bay Candles. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.